- newIf I was still mining and I found out that my retail supplier of mining equipment was also using ASICBOOST.
Here is some food for thought... Bitmain Purposefully disables any access to ASICBOOST for my and the entire communities mining operation, while selling me hardware at full retail... They use the same hardware they manufacture to compete directly aga…
- 39 mins ago 23 Apr 17, 1:53pm -
- newStarting up bitcoin mining with a friend
Hello. a friend and I are looking to start bitcoin mining. we have around 4k to start with and our plan is to take all profits from mining for the first few months a re invest back into more miners. we are looking into using 2 AntMiner T9 ~11.5TH/s @…
- 52 mins ago 23 Apr 17, 1:40pm -
- newAn open letter to Bitfinex
Dear Bitfinex. As soon as I met you, I knew you that were something truly special. The funny thing is, I wasn't looking for you, I just found you. Please get your banking straight. Trying to sell BTC on other Exchanges is like watching paint dry. I r…
- 54 mins ago 23 Apr 17, 1:38pm -
- newThe Path to Bitcoin Adoption. Five minutes of inspiration from Andreas Antonopoulos (Starts at 25:57)
submitted by /u/bearCatBird [link] [comments]
- 1 hour ago 23 Apr 17, 1:25pm -
- newI once had a proposal for a flexible block size (I was still a noob) Gregory Maxwell explained in a friendly manner why it would not work. I learned something new, and for that I’m grateful!
Why is it so difficult for people to handle this situation? Why is it so hard for people to accept that their solutions might have some flaws? Why do people get offended when they are given free information from someone who is a professional in the f…
- 1 hour ago 23 Apr 17, 1:22pm -
- newI find myself having to update friends and family once a week anyways, so I made this site if anyone else is interested.
submitted by /u/FargoBTC [link] [comments]
- 3 hours ago 23 Apr 17, 11:11am -
- newWhat are some good bitcoin/crypto documentaries to show a friend?
Preferably something more recent than Rise and Rise of Bitcoin submitted by /u/Zand_ [link] [comments]
- 4 hours ago 23 Apr 17, 10:39am -
- new21 with Balaji Srinivasan - Bitcoin is underappreciated even to this day.
submitted by /u/Lite_Coin_Guy [link] [comments]
- 4 hours ago 23 Apr 17, 10:34am -
- newLibya’s central bank will intervene “intensively” to defend the country’s currency
submitted by /u/EssenceControl [link] [comments]
- 4 hours ago 23 Apr 17, 10:26am -
- newFound a great license plate on the road in Dallas.
submitted by /u/RTusk40 [link] [comments]
- 5 hours ago 23 Apr 17, 9:20am -
- newRestoring MultiBit wallet taking really long
So I made a wallet last week, put a small amount of bitcoins on it and made up a password. Now I lost the password but I still have my wallet words. When I go into MultiBit HD and click 'restore password' and fill in the words, I get the 'verified' c…
- 5 hours ago 23 Apr 17, 9:21am -
- If I buy a bitcoin from an exchange, will the seller or the exchange know my code for the bitcoin? And thus be able to steal it?
submitted by /u/zinvest [link] [comments]
- 10 hours ago 23 Apr 17, 4:05am -
- accessing old bitcoin wallet from 2012/13
Hi Guys I have an old wallet.dat file with a few bitcoins in it from when I was playing around with mining pools in the early days. I installed the old 0.7 client so that i could try and access the wallet and transfer out my coins but it stalled at 5…
- 16 hours ago 22 Apr 17, 10:56pm -
- What is the market capitalization of the US dollar in comparison to Bitcoin?
I want to see what Bitcoin could reasonably be worth if it became widely used. Thank you. submitted by /u/chochochan [link] [comments]
- 17 hours ago 22 Apr 17, 9:04pm -
- Is there a Bitcoin site where I can use a prepaid debit to make my purchase of coins?
The one site I tried visiting would only take a bank owned debit card or credit card but I don't have either of those and I don't know which sites are reputable or not so I don't feel comfortable looking on my own. Thanks for your time. submitted…
- 1 day ago 22 Apr 17, 1:37pm -
- Trying to figure out the first steps...
Hello fellow Redditors, I am currently trying to set up my Bitzcoin account (?) and have got into a stumble. So I did the following: 1) Download Electrum 2) Standard Wallet 3) Save generation seed Now I want to buy bitcoins. Onliner people only seem…
- 1 day ago 22 Apr 17, 11:33am -
- Consolidate Sub Wallet Funds
How do you consolidate your sub wallet funds into one wallet? I need all of my sub wallet funds in one wallet so I can use my entire Bitcoin balance. submitted by /u/easton99 [link] [comments]
- 1 day ago 22 Apr 17, 10:44am -
- To all Canadian bitcoiners affected by FIAT withdrawal delays, you can sell your Bitcoin at an Instacoin ATM and receive above market rates! Arbitrageurs welcome!
Many new two-way machines coming to the Toronto and Montreal regions. Visit our website for location details: https://www.instacoinatm.com/locations_sell.html submitted by /u/instacoin [link] [comments]
- 1 day ago 22 Apr 17, 9:16am -
- Is there some btc prepay card where I can deposit SEPA payments?
I have used cryptopay but I just read that they won't accept SEPA payments if they are from an account that isn't in your name. I need it for payment for some online work so the person making the payment won't be in my name. Is there anywhere else wh…
- 1 day ago 22 Apr 17, 8:26am -
- Can you help a total noob? I want to invest in bitcoin but I have no clue how to go about it
I've been reading r/Bitcoin and r/Bitcoinbeginners for weeks and still can't wrap my head around it. If, for example, I want to buy 50 EUR worth of bitcoin and keep them as a long term investment, what would be the steps, places and applications to d…
- 2 days ago 22 Apr 17, 2:02am -
- Zeus Lightning x6 Power Supply Flexiblity
So I just got a Zeus Lightning x6 Miner with four 8-pin plug. It says it recommends a 1200w PSU (Gold 80+ or Platinum). Given that it's an old unit and not going to be expecting to make anything from it. I am wondering how flexible is it with it's r…
- 18 hours ago 22 Apr 17, 8:49pm -
- Antminer T9 Issues, Help please.
I recently bought a brand new T9. Upon checking my pool earlier I noticed I started having errors a few hours ago. I've narrowed down which miner it was and it's my newest one. When I orginally got home and checked it, 2 Chains were hashing and the 3…
- 22 hours ago 22 Apr 17, 4:42pm -
- Does anyone here have Bitcoin Cloud Mining experiences to share?
submitted by /u/jojodio99 [link] [comments]
- 1 day ago 22 Apr 17, 6:43am -
- Why We're Impressed With Canaan Creative's Avalon 741 Bitcoin ASIC Miner
submitted by /u/minamisan [link] [comments]
- 2 days ago 22 Apr 17, 2:12am -
- Foxminers: The world's first dual-miner hardware
submitted by /u/lobas [link] [comments]
- 2 days ago 21 Apr 17, 3:24am -
- Foxminers F48 (75Th/s ; 0.02W/Gh) - What do you think?
Hey this new miner seems to have pretty nice stats, can anyone confirm this is correct/legit? https://foxminers.com/products/f48/ Any aditional thoughts on this? submitted by /u/AurikBTC [link] [comments]
- 3 days ago 21 Apr 17, 1:13am -
- What are top five best miners? (criteria: durability and reliability; noise; etc.)
Something over 6TH perhaps. submitted by /u/miliseconds [link] [comments]
- 4 days ago 19 Apr 17, 12:06pm -
- New to bitcoin mining, access to free electricity
Hello, First up I am exceedingly new to the idea of bitcoin mining. However, I have several windows machines sitting around gathering dust (some new, some older) and I live in a situation in which I do not pay for electricity. Some of these machines…
- 5 days ago 18 Apr 17, 10:02pm -
- PSU shutting down
SO this isnt specifically for BItcoin but the principle is the same. I have an ASIC that draws 75 watts so I purchased a SeaSonic 400W Fanless 80Plus Platinum PSU Version II. It uses the 12v PCie connector and I have an ATX bridge to enable to PSU se…
- 5 days ago 18 Apr 17, 4:35pm -
- Taiwan Banks To Block Bitcoin Withdrawals in Fiat for All Exchanges?
submitted by /u/chioane [link] [comments]
- 5 days ago 18 Apr 17, 9:02am -
- What's Horsepower? Or How to Differentiate Your Blockchain Startup
Having difficulty marketing your decentralized startup? Fear not, the past yields clues for how new disruptive tech can differentiate.Source
- 11 hours ago 23 Apr 17, 3:50am -
- What's to Do Before Ethereum Enters 'Metropolis'?
A look at what's still to do for ethereum developers working on the Metropolis upgrade – the platform's third of four planned stages.Source
- 11 hours ago 23 Apr 17, 3:26am -
- How Cashaa Exploits Bitcoin Price Differentials for Remittances
Who said bitcoin's volatility is bad? A new remittance service is showing how price differentials could power cheap money transfers.Source
- 1 day ago 22 Apr 17, 4:10am -
- You Can Link Monero Transactions – But Which? And What's the Impact?
A new paper provides a technique to link transactions from the privacy-centric cryptocurrency. Should users be worried?Source
- 1 day ago 22 Apr 17, 3:40am -
- Watch This Ethereum Slot Machine Make Payouts in Real Time
A new startup is hoping to tap into the billion-dollar online gambling industry by tapping the power of ethereum smart contracts.Source
- 2 days ago 21 Apr 17, 2:16pm -
- European Commission Backs Blockchain Pilot With €500k Budget
The European Union’s executive branch is establishing an "observatory" focused on blockchain as part of a wider pilot project.Source
- 2 days ago 21 Apr 17, 8:43am -
- 8-Hour Miner Meeting Ends With Litecoin Scaling Agreement
Litecoin’s scaling debate may be coming to an end.Source
- 2 days ago 21 Apr 17, 7:05am -
- That Time We Gave $500,000 in Bitcoin to College Kids...
A thriving bitcoin community emerged at MIT after two students put together a $500,000 bitcoin distribution project. Source
- 2 days ago 21 Apr 17, 6:30am -
- Hedge Fund Billionaire Invests 10% Net Worth into Bitcoin and Ether
A hedge fund billionaire reportedly called bitcoin and ether the "best investments" of his storied career at an event on Wednesday.Source
- 2 days ago 21 Apr 17, 5:00am -
- Q1's Top Performing Cryptocurrencies Saw Big Gains
The first quarter of 2017 saw dramatic price gains for the top cryptocurrencies, as the total market added nearly $7bn in value.Source
- 2 days ago 21 Apr 17, 4:00am -
- Bitcoin's Unlimited Potential Lies in Its Apolitical Core
As bitcoin descends into party politics, contributor Nozomi Hayase makes an appeal for the community to unite behind its original ideals.Source
- 2 days ago 21 Apr 17, 3:00am -
- Japanese City Seeks Bitcoin Donations to Preserve Historic Park
The city of Hirosaki is raising bitcoin donations to help preserve a historic cherry blossom park and its castle.Source
- 3 days ago 21 Apr 17, 2:00am -
- Cambodia's Central Bank Signs Deal to Develop Blockchain Tech
Add Cambodia's central bank to the list of major financial market managers investigating blockchain and distributed ledger tech.Source
- 3 days ago 20 Apr 17, 8:26pm -
- Spreads Widen at Bitcoin Exchanges Amid Bitfinex Banking Issues
The world's largest bitcoin exchange by USD volume has been trading nearly $100 above some of its exchange counterparts.Source
- 3 days ago 20 Apr 17, 1:45pm -
- Bitcoin MSB Exemption Goes to New Hampshire Governor for Approval
Senators in New Hampshire have passed a bill that would exempt digital currency traders from money transmission regulations.Source
- 3 days ago 20 Apr 17, 11:04am -
- Wire Transfer Problems Worsen for Digital Currency Exchange Bitfinex
Digital currency exchange Bitfinex can't send wire transfers abroad due to its ongoing banking issues, representatives said.Source
- 3 days ago 20 Apr 17, 9:52am -
- Malta's Government is Developing a National Blockchain Strategy
Malta’s government is reportedly on the cusp of embracing blockchain through the adoption of a national strategy focused on the tech.Source
- 3 days ago 20 Apr 17, 7:50am -
- US Government Watchdog: 'Unclear' If New DLT Rules Needed
The US Government Accountability Office (GAO) believes that the question of whether new blockchain regulations are needed remains an open one.Source
- 3 days ago 20 Apr 17, 6:30am -
- Litecoin's Emerging Scaling Debate Explained
Litecoin is now playing a role in bitcoin's scaling debate. Here's our easy overview of the developing situation and why it matters.Source
- 3 days ago 20 Apr 17, 5:00am -
- Is $40 the New Floor for Ethereum's Ether Tokens?
Ether prices have been building strong support at $40. Does this mark a new floor for the emerging cryptocurrency? Source
- 3 days ago 20 Apr 17, 4:00am -
Tip with Bitcoin